When you purchase a Hamptons home, you may soon find that the upkeep of your home is no small task. There are a variety of moving parts when it comes to maintaining your property, from dealing with vendors, to scheduling and overseeing regular maintenance, to managing repairs. Whether you are renting out the property, you live there full-time, or it’s your summer vacation home, there are many benefits to having a property management company to manage your home.
In most cases, having a property management company like Humming Homes can be highly beneficial for single-family homeowners in the Hamptons. We are a one-stop shop for all of your homecare needs and provide expert service when it comes to effective, comprehensive home management.
Continue reading to learn why having a property management company in the Hamptons may be the right choice for you.
Reasons to Invest In Property Management For Your Home
- Property management companies take care of everything for you: There’s a lot that goes into maintaining a home. From general maintenance, to season-specific procedures such as winterization, to one-off repairs, it can be a hassle to manage everything yourself — especially if you’re not always on-site.
Property management companies like Humming Homes will ensure that everything is managed end-to-end — house watching; monthly periodic, proactive home inspections; task and vendor management; digitized invoicing and payment processing; and short-term renter management are just a few of the many services that you can expect a company like Humming Homes to provide.
It’s also important to note that in general, property management companies are insured for liability, so in the event of any property-related issues, they’ll manage the investigative process and cover the full cost.
- Property management companies have a lot of experience: Home management is a complicated process, and not everyone is familiar with the intricacies of maintaining a home. Property management companies, however, specialize in making sure your home is in great shape! Not only have property managers spent a lot of time managing complex home projects, but they also have deep expertise in vetting prospective tenants and vendors, and likely have solid relationships with vendors and consultants in the area. By leveraging their expertise, experience, and relationships, you’ll avoid any potential pitfalls that can come with trying to get the job done yourself.
- Property management can be a great investment: Property management is, for many, a reasonably priced expense that more than pays for itself in terms of the time and energy it saves homeowners. Humming Homes, for example, starts at $250/month for home and vendor management services. Additionally, property management companies can save you money in the long run, since their relationships with vendors can secure you better deals. That said, it’s important to find a property management company with transparent pricing so you don’t face any unexpected costs, as a number of property management companies can have hidden fees. The Humming Homes’ home management team vet all vendor pricing, evaluate current spend to make sure you’re paying the right price, and have an affordable, transparent pricing model.
Beyond monthly pricing, having a dedicated property management company can help prevent future expenses. For starters, property management companies like Humming Homes focus on preventative maintenance, which can be the difference between a small fee today and a significant cost in the future. Additionally, because some home management processes can be highly complex, there is a chance that DIY home management endeavors will result in hiccups and repair costs. Having the expertise and critical eye of a trustworthy property manager will allow you to avoid these potential repair fees.
- They’re on-site when you can’t be: If you travel back and forth frequently, managing home maintenance can add a lot of extra stress. With technology platforms like Humming Homes revolutionizing home management, homeowners are now able to centrally stay on top of all their home care needs. You can add and track the progress of home tasks, pay bills, and communicate with your dedicated home manager in the Humming Homes app. Digitally streamlining the home management process will save you time and energy, as well as provide you with peace of mind.
- They serve as a trusted partner during any emergencies: In the event of a home emergency, such as a leak, property management companies can swiftly deal with the issue at hand. Humming Homes offers 24/7 customer service so that your home is taken care of at all times.
How Do I Find The Right Hamptons Property Management Company?
When seeking out the right property management company for your Hamptons home, it’s important to consider the following:
- Does the company offer 24/7 support?
- Is their approach preventive or reactive?
- Who do you communicate with and what are the mediums?
- What experience does your home and property management team have with overseeing homes out east?
- What is the full list of services that the property management company provides? Do these services address all my home management needs?
- Do they have a good list of service providers they can work with?
Decided that having a dedicated property management company is the right step for you? Humming Homes is here to manage your Hamptons home end-to-end — get started today to speak to a dedicated home manager.